Employees Love being informed

Since almost half of all companies want to use digital signage systems to promote to their own employees. This is an area where you can share the good and bad experiences of motivating your employees.

Moderator: Amy-StrandVision

mikestrand

Employees Love being informed

Post by mikestrand »

After running a company for over 13 years, one of the hardest things to do was to communicate in a timely and effective manner. Right away, it was a two person company, and everything was known. As the company grew, we assumed that the same communication mediums were working (listening in on conversations, asking lots of questions that gave answers to needs, etc). Once the company got to over half a dozen people, things started going haywire. It wasnt till we were at almost 20 people that we started a newsletter, monthly employee meetings, department meetings, etc. This kiosk system would be a great way to update the employees. If anyone has any ideas of what could be displayed on this, please post your replies here. Some that I can think of include:
Employee of the month, Sales compared to goals, great sales achieved, customer feedback of a staff member, upcoming events (christmas party, picnic, etc).
I am Mike Strand, president of MikeStrand.com, a business and marketing consulting firm.

Well...

Post by Guest »

mikestrand wrote:After running a company for over 13 years, one of the hardest things to do was to communicate in a timely and effective manner.
Thats one way but i am not sure if it will work with every option.
mjstrand
Site Admin

Many ways to solve a problem

Post by mjstrand »

By no means am I saying that this is the only way to try to solve communication problems. Just as life has billions of possible outcomes, there are just as many possible solutions to a problem or need - it is all a matter of how the situation is looked at. I would love to hear your thoughts on additional ways to communicate in various situations...

Thanks for your post and Happy Holidays! Mike
Mike is president of StrandVision Digital Signage and also does business marketing consulting through MikeStrand.com.