3D signage Tool

In order to build a community of companies using signage systems and to provide yourself with some additional potential business, we ask that you take a minute to introduce yourself to those who are considering signage systems. Include information about how you are using the system (or plan to use it), why you decided to try this system, and anything else that is pertinent. Thank you very much! We look forward to meeting you!

Moderator: Amy-StrandVision

Marcinson

3D signage Tool

Post by Marcinson »

Hello Strandvision,

I'm surfing through a couple of websites since yesterday trying to find a "3D signage" tool for my friends shop, I saw some of your work but I'm still abit annoyed about that "Standard" way of presenting things, Videos, Videos, Pictures, Clips.. no interactivity, nothing special, I was thinking of a way to present things a bit differnt, like videos on a spinning Box or Videos Flying out the screen with a 3D effect, something special and not just playing simple Videos.

Do your tools support something like this?

Or would you know another tool for us?

Please, I'm awaiting your answer!!

see u guys around - Marc
mjstrand
Site Admin

special effects

Post by mjstrand »

Marc, thank you for your question. The digital signage market is evolving rapldly, and is not quite to the effects that can be done with Adobe and other 3d animation products. Most signage products have the ability to play flash animations or video clips which may provide some of what you are looking for. Of course you would need the capability to create that with other tools. If you need someone to do that work for you, we do know of many content creators who could do that work for you. Please let me know your experience level and I will try to help you further.
Mike is president of StrandVision Digital Signage and also does business marketing consulting through MikeStrand.com.
Marcinson

Post by Marcinson »

I am a (what my brother always calls me) "Noob" or something! what I mean to say is that I just started, I want to help my friend out with his shop, because I always liked those kind of Screens you always see in movies like the 5th element, or Sphere, monitors that show something, and it looks great and gives you the feeling you go with the technology flow, I think I know what u mean, when you said you know people who could do that for me, You mean rendering right? I heard you cannot change the stuffs showing, after the designer rendered, is that true? in that case this is not what I'm looking for! My brother said, that what I'm looking for is something called Reeltime?

(Does something like this exist? What exactly is that?)

Thank you for answering!

Take care! - Marc
mjstrand
Site Admin

Be careful about signs that are too fancy

Post by mjstrand »

Sorry I was a tadd slow to respond. I was at a trade show.

As for beeing a "Noob", aren't we all in one way or another?

I too like the futuristic displays that the moview portray. There are getting to be lots of really neat displays on the market, but of course they are not cheap. They do let the customer know you are not stagnant though...

As for the people that do the work, yes, they are video guys that put it all together as a rendered clip. Once that is done, then that particular piece is generally not changeable. Our player is based on macromedia flash which has loads of capabilities. We do offer a lot of "live" changes on the fly right now and have plans for many more, so we have the capability to do really cool things in the future. Unfortunately, the web based setup system that we have right now is (and always will be) focused on non-technical users which currently precludes most of what you are talking about right now. We are planning on evolving the system a lot over the coming years and are working with various partners to keep our customers looking techy without having to konw how to put it all together.

Right away I thought your reference to "Reeltime" was a product. I think that your brother was actually referring to the two words "Real Time" that means that it is updated at the exact moment that it is playing.

Our system is actually a real time system where you can update the content from anywhere in the world using a web browser, and all of the playback locations will use that new content the next time it is played.

What I think that you are looking for is a combination of animated backgrounds, different pieces of text flying around to convey a message and perhaps lots of other activity.

One thing that we have found is that having too much going on is almost the same turn-off to customers as having a paper sign just sitting there. Different generations of people get overloaded at different rates. The young generation are very good at multi-tasking, so they can absorb lots from the screen. The older generations will tune out the whole sign if there is too much activity. You can also assume that the more activity that is going on the screen, the more cost the system will have both in initial purchase, and in ongoing maintenance and configuration as the messages change. As you can see by this comment, you really need to decide what your budget and your demographics are before going after all the futuristic things. We are positioned at the easy to update and less active signage at this time. We do offer options to make it snazzier, and will continue to evolve the product as the market becomes more accepting of digital signage. Right now, it is very new and a great opportunity for anyone who gets into it.

I hope this helps.

Mike
Mike is president of StrandVision Digital Signage and also does business marketing consulting through MikeStrand.com.
F.Michel

Re: 3D signage Tool

Post by F.Michel »

Hi Marc,

I am not into signage, but a VJ.
I know I don't have anything to find here but I think I can help you out with your little problem Marc.

A while ago a friend of mine sent me an E-mail, telling me that he found a software that makes it easy for me to do my work! The name of this software is Ventuz, it's a pretty cool thing, you have to put yourself into the software, but for me it wasn't too hard to learn it! (I don't know if I am allowed to post links here, but I don't want to risk it so i won't!)

You can do alot with the software from normal presentations to professional events.

I believe, that you are looking for something futuristic when you said The 5th Element, or Sphere, and since I'm a VJ, I know what futuristic effects are! (There is a Demo I think a 30 day trial for download available)
It can play a lot of different video and Audio formats.

Maybe you could mix VJ with Videos and do REALLY nice futuristic Signage screens in your shop! (but be careful, as Mike already said, too much might confuse the customers and make them turn away!)

I hope I could help somehow
Marcinson

Post by Marcinson »

Thank you so much for your replys.

I'll Download and try that program, I hope it's not too complecated!

Stay safe! -Marc
Grobby

Post by Grobby »

thank a lot for this info!! i was looking for it for a long time.and finally bumped into it here!!!great!!!