What should i tell the genius bar workers to replace my ipho

In order to build a community of companies using signage systems and to provide yourself with some additional potential business, we ask that you take a minute to introduce yourself to those who are considering signage systems. Include information about how you are using the system (or plan to use it), why you decided to try this system, and anything else that is pertinent. Thank you very much! We look forward to meeting you!

Moderator: Amy-StrandVision

varcalo

What should i tell the genius bar workers to replace my ipho

Post by varcalo »

I currently am on a family plan with AT&T. I am not the head of the account. I was wondering if I could purchase a new iPhone with the 2-year agreement, and not change anything about the other account. In other words, get the new iPhone with the contract, but also keep the other phone with the other number, and not affect the family plan at all.
mjstrand
Site Admin

Re: What should i tell the genius bar workers to replace my ipho

Post by mjstrand »

Although we do a lot with cell phones in our business, we are not the official people to ask. Typically when you get a new phone, the security information (phone number, plan, etc) gets transferred to the new phone. You can definitely use your old phone again, but unfortunately you need to activate a number with your provider to use it. Usually it is more hassle than it is worth depending on the promotion that is being run for a new phone line. You can also add a new phone to a new (or your current) plan. In any case, it will cost you more money to have both of them active. Sorry to give you the bad news, and again, you should check with your provider to get the official word.
Mike is president of StrandVision Digital Signage and also does business marketing consulting through MikeStrand.com.