How To Market

This is where Mike Strand, President of StrandVision Digital Signage takes a few minutes to share his thoughts on business, marketing, employee communications and the digital signage industry.
mjstrand
Site Admin

How To Market

Post by mjstrand »

In the 20 years that I've been involved in marketing, things have changed dramatically. It used to be hard to connect with people in your city, much less the world. Print media, telemarketing and trade shows were the norm to get the word out. Over the past 10 years, the Internet has morphed marketing into a totally new thing that has started to morph again with the current economic climate combined with the social networking boom, amazing technology advances and the proliferation of mobile devices.

Unfortunately, I've always been behind the times. Although we've spent our 6 years at StrandVision with an eye on Search Engine Optimization, the focus was not there since it was rapidly changing. We instead focused on providing solid products, excellent customer service along with frequently updated and interesting (we hope) content. That has done well for us in the search engine placement, so that seems like a good approach (and goes along with what the search engines tell us to do).

It seems that traditional print media, email blasts and trade shows have lost their luster. I imagine that there are times when they are valuable, but alternate approaches seem prudent. I would appreciate any feedback from you as to where it makes sense to rely on the traditional.

We are trying to figure out what is next to grow our market share. We have always been good at helping our customers with anything related to digital signage. It is usually done over the phone. We are going to start partaking in the social networking by answering questions on the web. If you have thoughts on sites where people ask questions related to digital signage, please post them here.

I just realized that this is probably more questions than answers. Please provide your feedback to turn this around. Thanks and have a great Thanksgiving!
Mike is president of StrandVision Digital Signage and also does business marketing consulting through MikeStrand.com.