Proof of playback

This is where Mike Strand, President of StrandVision Digital Signage takes a few minutes to share his thoughts on business, marketing, employee communications and the digital signage industry.
mjstrand
Site Admin

Proof of playback

Post by mjstrand »

We are just finalizing our new proof of playback feature for our digital signage software, and I would like some input. I know that most of the time, proof of playback is used to bill advertisers and demonstrate the benefit of being on a digital sign.

As you can imagine, proof of playback for every page for every viewer of signage in every medium is a lot of traffic. We offer the tracking not only on the production screens located in waiting areas, but also for the web viewers that are on our customer's web sites. We have the ability to track down to the screen that it is showing on, but storing all of that information is cost prohibitive. We will be combining the information into a summary form. This is where I need your help.

We currently are breaking down the information into each hour for every day for up to two months. After that, it is summarized into tracking for each day. The tracking allows details for each signage page, and the information that was played within the page. For example, if it is a database type of signage page, it tracks how often each database record is played for every hour. If the page is a random photos type, each time an image is viewed, it is also tracked.

My questions are:
  • What other breakdowns would you like to see?
    What type of reporting options would be valuable?
    What types of filtering would you like to see?
Thank you for any feedback you can offer as we further optimize our software product.
Mike is president of StrandVision Digital Signage and also does business marketing consulting through MikeStrand.com.