How can I play video on my StrandVision digital signage?

This is where you can ask questions and get answers regarding how all the pieces of a video messaging system should be configured. A representative will attempt to respond to all posts within one business day.

Moderator: Amy-StrandVision

mjstrand
Site Admin

How can I play video on my StrandVision digital signage?

Post by mjstrand »

You need a specially created flash file. You can work with StrandVision to do this development from most video formats, or you can create a flash file with these technical specifications.
Mike is president of StrandVision Digital Signage and also does business marketing consulting through MikeStrand.com.
dclark3996

Problem with Flash Playback

Post by dclark3996 »

I've converted a video file to flash format (swf). It plays fine with Macromedia Player 8, but when I try to include in a video page, it displays "unable to load first page".
mjstrand
Site Admin

We need flash 7

Post by mjstrand »

Turns out that in order to be compatible with Linux/Unix, our player is set up for flash version 7. If you change your publish settings to version 7, it should work. Remember that the system has to use the standalone player (two files stored to your c: directory), you need to put the video file in the same directory, and specify the filename (with the .swf) in your playback settings on the web. If it doesnt, please give me a call at home this weekend and I'll see if I can walk you through the process. I am listed in the phone book in Eau Claire, WI (dont want to put the number on a public forum for easy grabbing).
Mike is president of StrandVision Digital Signage and also does business marketing consulting through MikeStrand.com.