Can I play video clips on my digital signage?

This describes answers to common questions that you may discover with the your video messaging system. Someone will attempt to respond to all posts within one business day.

Moderator: Amy-StrandVision

mjstrand
Site Admin

Can I play video clips on my digital signage?

Post by mjstrand »

is there a way to play video clips on your digital sign?

Thanks!

Bill Sims, Jr.
Mike is president of StrandVision Digital Signage and also does business marketing consulting through MikeStrand.com.
mjstrand
Site Admin

Yes you can

Post by mjstrand »

yes. it needs to be converted to a flash .swf file (which we can do for you). You can do it yourself by buying a copy of Macromedia Flash (there are instructions to do the conversion at http://www.online-kiosks.net/data/flashspec.html). You have to run the standalone version of the player due to security issues that Macromedia has put in place. Essentially, you can play video on the standalone kiosk, but not on the web demo.
Mike is president of StrandVision Digital Signage and also does business marketing consulting through MikeStrand.com.
mjstrand
Site Admin

I dont understand the standalone kiosk web demo statement

Post by mjstrand »

I understand everything EXCEPT this statement...

Essentially, you can play video on the standalone kiosk,
but not on the web demo.

Bill Simms Jr.
mjstrand
Site Admin

Standalone Kiosk Program Explanation

Post by mjstrand »

Normally, your customers will view their kiosk by running a web browser, going to the online-kiosks.net site and play the kiosk through the browser. that makes it so that you dont need to install a program on the computer that is playing the kiosk. Our video files normally need to be located on the hard drive where the kiosk is being played. Due to security issues, a separate program needs to be downloaded to the customer's computer to play the video files. Once it is setup, to play the kiosk, the customer double clicks on an icon on their desktop.