Time is off by an hour

This describes answers to common questions that you may discover with the your video messaging system. Someone will attempt to respond to all posts within one business day.

Moderator: Amy-StrandVision

mjstrand
Site Admin

Time is off by an hour

Post by mjstrand »

Hey, for the life of me I cannot get the time to change on our display. It stays an hour fast no matter what I try. :(
mjstrand
Site Admin

Re: Time is off by an hour

Post by mjstrand »

We try to auto-detect your time zone, and apparently it did not do it correctly.

First, if you are in the United States, can you let us know your zip code and time zone. Our database needs to be updated.

Second, to get it to show the proper time:

1) Log into your account
2) Click on Your Account / Your Company
3) Click on Hours
4) Set your time zone to the appropriate one
5) Click Save

If your time zone is setup properly, please let me know which time zone you have it set to and I will look into it. There is a lot of crazy code for all the countries of the world that could be messed up for your area of the world.

If you would rather use your pc's clock instead of the Atomic Time Clock synchronized server, you can change to advanced user mode and uncheck the "Use Server Time" setting on the Current Time page that you added. If you have employees who may look at the time for breaks, I would recommend that you use the server time. We have heard many stories from our customers about how their employees use various time sources...
Mike is president of StrandVision Digital Signage and also does business marketing consulting through MikeStrand.com.